|This page has links to websites or programs not trusted by Scratch or hosted by Wikipedia. Remember to stay safe while using the Internet, as we can't guarantee the safety of other websites.|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Macintosh|
|Archived Forum Topic||ar-topic:3779|
Chirp is a Scratch modification made by Jens, who was at the time a member of the Scratch Team. It was the precursor to BYOB and adds a number of new features to Scratch, while remaining fully compatible. The default sprite is called "cat2" in the original Scratch program.
The initial version of Chirp was released February of 2008; it is one of the earliest Scratch modifications.
- Export/import scripts as XML
- Changing blocks through the context menu
- The dynamic addition of scrollbars in various places
- The ability to resize the scripting area
- Running projects directly into presentation mode
- The ability to use your own projects as screensavers
Jens also made a program named Scratch2Exe that produces standalone Windows programs from Scratch projects.
- Chirp in the old (archived) Scratch Forum
- The website chirp.scratchr.org no longer exists, but it can be found with the Wayback Machine: